Going After Greater… Again
2 Kings 6:1-7
by Tim Nay
Going After Greater…Again / Sept 3rd, 2017
An Axhead Floats
Chapter 61.The company of the prophets said to Elisha, “Look, the place where we meet with you is too small for us. 2 Let us go to the Jordan, where each of us can get a pole; and let us build a place there for us to meet.” And he said, “Go.” 3 Then one of them said, “Won’t you please come with your servants?” “I will,” Elisha replied. 4 And he went with them. They went to the Jordan and began to cut down trees. 5 As one of them was cutting down a tree, the iron axhead fell into the water. “Oh no, my lord!” he cried out. “It was borrowed!” 6 The man of God asked, “Where did it fall?” When he showed him the place, Elisha cut a stick and threw it there, and made the iron float. 7 “Lift it out,” he said. Then the man reached out his hand and took it.
- To regain our passion, we need to ____ ____ to God.
‘Crying Out’ Expresses:
- Genuine __________
- ______________ surrender/desperation
- A _____ for mercy
- Personal _______________
- Faith in God’s ________ & ___________
- To regain our passion we need to ask, “________ did it fall?”
- To regain our passion, we need to go back and _____ it ___.
Going After Greater… Again / Sept. 3rd 2017